Five Primary Reasons for Relationship Break up or Divorce
Relationship and marriage breakups can be truly traumatizing not just for the couples but for all the people in their close proximity. Here are the five primary reasons for a marriage ending up in divorce:
- Expectations: In every relationship, two people have certain expectations, the fulfilment of which they probably take for granted. It is this lack of contentment that leads to most of the break ups.
- Domination- It is natural for one among a couple to have a dominating behaviour. But too much of it, or frequent imposition of decisions by one over the other becomes unacceptable at some stage of togetherness. It is this lack of required space and freedom that spoil things and thus end up scattering the relation.
- Poor prioritizing- Time given to nurture a relation plays a vital role in keeping it going strong. But priorities diverted elsewhere act as a spoil sport.
- Infidelity- It is yet another common reasons of most of marriage breakups. Spouses alter their course of interest outside their marriage owing to emotional dissatisfaction or sexual malaise or genuine reasons related to domestic violence or harassment.
- Too much criticism- One partner habitually showering criticism on the other drives a relationship towards a negative path making the listener dispirited with low morale.
How to cope up with a recent Break up?
The process of healing after a failed relationship is a very painful one. Here are some excellent ways to help you come to terms with all that has happened:
- Give yourself some time to ponder over your thoughts and situations. This would help you to understand what went wrong and that it’s better to accept than to go deep rooting the lost.
- Accept the fact that it’s okay to have different feelings. Two humans cannot have same nature. If one is a giver the other has to be a taker. The feelings of anger, dejection and sadness will pass with time.
- It’s always advisable to go through your healing process with a companion. Undergoing the entire affair alone can be perplexing thereby serving only to worsen your situation further.
- Explore- Instead of cuddling around in a corner, it is advisable to step out. Indulge in some physically stressful activities such as jogging, hiking, cycling, mountain climbing etc.
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving