Save Your Marriage From the Evils of Divorce
Marriage is a beautiful institution, but like every other relation, it carries its own set of challenges. Reasons for conflict in marriage:
- Lack of communication
- More or unfulfilled expectations
- Unresolved issues from the past
- Lack of intimacy
- Unspoken bitterness and dissatisfaction
- Financial disputes or arguments.
How to save your marriage?
Here are some proven ways to save your marriage:
- Avoid exaggerating an issue- Arguments related to your man pinpointing some unfinished chores at home is a norm. In such issues husband should try to convey the matter in minimum possible sentences. Stretching a petty issue into something big is an invitation to a heated argument.
- Distraction with Praise- When in some conversation that is shaping into an argument, distract your partner’s mind with a sudden unexpected appraisal just when he anticipates a criticism. It is a way to discontinue an argument in the politest possible manner.
- Stop being the Preacher- Remember that you are in a marriage relation and not a student disciple relation. Stop correcting your partner every now and then on unrelated factual errors.
- Silence never fails- Well, as they say, you need two hands to clap, squabbles too are the results of two people counter answering and yelling at each other. Sometimes keeping mum while your better half speaks can really soften the latter. It’s all about keeping aside the ego factor.
- I, Me, Myself- The phony ‘I’ statement depicts a self centred attitude provoking the other partner to react rather dismissively. Remember, it’s not about one of you, it’s about both of you.
- Don’t be an evergreen listener- No doubt listening is a positive and a spiritual step towards avoiding an argument. Believe me, if anyone amongst you is a good listener, then the latter has the greatest gift in you. But don’t let that listener in you develop into a victim. Put limits when required.
A sexless marriage is an indicative of the tumultuous times ahead which would ultimately lead to separation. In all the thunderous marriages, the alarms of discontentment in partners towards each other are normally ignored and as this vexation reaches a saturation point, it leads to divorce. Here are some definitive ways on how to save your marriage from divorce:
- Begin with soothing the tumult and panic that accompanies the decisions and thoughts of divorce.
- Ponder over the positive aspects of your marriage rather than making your partner guilty. In a nutshell, it’s about flattery.
- Mend the old hurts by speaking out. It is important in a marriage to clarify the prevalent misconceptions and misunderstandings.
- Figure out what went wrong in your journey of commitment for life. Growing incompatibility, possible infidelity, money matters, some traumatising incidence etc. are some probable reasons.
- A bitter but true part calls for checking the waters. That is to say, you should know whether you both are really willing to put the pieces back together and stay on.
- Surveys prove that an average married couple have sex at least once a week. If yours have developed into a sexless marriage, then it’s time for reigniting the lost spark by reviving your courtship days.
Ups and downs are the part and parcels of any kind of relation. But to put things back in shape is a tremendous job and requires polite manoeuvring. Whether it’s about saving your marriage alone or together, incorporate these infallible ways to save your marriage from hitting the rocks.